Yesterday, the FDA warned consumers to immediately stop taking Hydroxycut dietary supplements. FDA received reports of serious health problems related to these products.
There has been one link to a death and other instances of serious liver injuries. Because of this, Lovate agreed to recall the products from the market.
Included in the reports FDA received, there were 23 serious health problems including jaundice, elevated liver enzymes and liver damage requiring liver transplant. Other problems included seizures, cardiovascular disorders and rhabdomyolysis (type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure).
One of the problems reported was liver injury. Symptoms include jaundice and brown urine. FDA says that additional symptoms of liver injury include nausea, vomiting, light-colored stools, excessive fatigue, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, itching and loss of appetite.
Please stop taking any Hydroxycut products immediately!
Here is a list LA times provided:
- · Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets
- · Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets
- · Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
- · Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
- · Hydroxycut Regular Drink Packets
- · Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Drink Packets
- · Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packets (Ignition Stix)
- · Hydroxycut Max Drink Packets
- · Hydroxycut Liquid Shots
- · Hydroxycut Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink)
- · Hydroxycut Max Aqua Shed
- · Hydroxycut 24
Hydroxycut Carb Control
- · Hydroxycut Natural
If you have any serious side effects, go see a doctor immediately. FDA also encourages you to report the problems to FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting progam: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm.